You should replace your hot water heater the moment it starts giving you problems because of the danger it poses. A damaged water heater can begin to leak, causing flooding. It can burst, causing serious injuries, flooding your floor, or even putting a hole through the roof. There is also a risk of fire and electric shock. At Massey Plumbing Inc., our team has over 30 years of experience in Charlotte hot water heater replacement.
WHEN TO CALL US FOR HOT WATER HEATER REPLACEMENT
Some hot water heater problems like sediment buildup are easily fixable, but there are problems that call for hot water heater replacement in Charlotte NC.
- Rust in the water or visible corrosion: Corrosion is a sign that your water heater is breaking down. Corrosion leads to the weakening of the system and eventual breakdown.
- Water leaks: Water heaters are supposed to be closed systems. When the water heater starts leaking from the joints, seams, or seals, this is a big red flag that the heater is failing. At worst, it can explode, damaging the surrounding area or causing injuries.
- Frequent repairs: If you frequently repair your hot water heater, hot water heater replacement in Charlotte NC would be more economical.
- Sulfuric odor: Sulfuric odor is associated with failing hot water heaters.
- Popping, cracking, or crunching noises: When a hot water heater starts to fail, it may begin making popping, cracking, or crunching noises.
- Old heaters: Check the date of manufacture of your water heater. If it is over 10 years old, consider replacing it. Other than avoiding potential breakdown, older water heaters are also less energy efficient.
LEAVE CHARLOTTE HOT WATER HEATER REPLACEMENT TO A PROFESSIONAL
Avoid the temptation of DIY hot water heater replacement because:
- Failure to comply with plumbing codes (which an untrained person will not know) puts you at substantial financial, legal, and safety risk.
- Only trained professionals will know the proper installation technique, such as the proper soldering technique and drain pan installation.
- You risk voiding the manufacturer warranty when you do a DIY installation.
HIRE THE BEST
Looking for a credible and dependable company to replace your electric or gas water heater? At Massey Plumbing Inc., we have been doing Charlotte hot water heater replacement for over 30 years. Reach us at 704-864-1203.